13 Ways to Celebrate the Anniversary of Leaving an Abuser
- Call the day a “Familiversary” and do something relaxing as a family.
- Celebrate your “Freedom Day” by counting your many blessings.
- Take a mental health day and let the emotions flow.
- Get a tattoo or buy jewelry as a permanent reminder of what you’ve overcome.
- Rock out to a song that reminds you just how powerful and strong you are.
- Celebrate a "Divorce-iversary" with a special treat.
- Treat the day like your real “Birthday.”
- Proclaim the day you lived through a final attack as your “Survival Day”.
- Silently observe the day without any fanfare.
- Say “thank you” to those who helped and supported you.
- Spend the day that you won a drawn-out custody battle spoiling your kids.
- Do something nice for yourself you wouldn’t normally do. Call it your “Liberation Day!”
- Donate time, money or wish list items to a domestic violence organization.