Suggest a Location
If you’re aware of a domestic violence program or shelter that is not in our database, we’d love to know about it. Simply send us an email with the name and location of the program and we'll look into adding it. Or, if you are a program/shelter representative and you don’t see your organization listed, click here to Add an Organization.
Enhance Your Organization’s Profile
If you’re a domestic violence program or shelter and you want to make victims and their friends/families aware of all of your organization’s capabilities, you can improve the completeness of your organization’s profile for free or by signing up for a subscription.
Advertise with Us
If you are interested in advertising your service or product, whether you are a domestic violence program/shelter or not, we offer multiple ways to promote your business on our website and you can learn about them all here. Or, you can email us today.
Signup for Weekly Email Newsletter
Every Monday we publish an email newsletter with articles, lists, book recommendations, survey results, facts and figures, and other resources. You can sign up to receive the newsletter here.
Author Book Submission Guidelines
If you are an author and would like us to consider adding your book to our Recommended Books page, please read our guidelines prior to contacting us to ensure your work meets our requirements.
Report a Problem
If you experience a problem using DomesticShelters.org, big or small, we’d appreciate hearing about it. Send us an email with information about what you are seeing and the problem experienced, and we’ll look into it right away.
- Theresa's Fund/DomesticShelters.org Executive Director, Anita Hildreth
- DomesticShelters.org Editor, Amanda Kippert
- DomesticShelters.org Project Champion, Brittni Hayes
- DomesticShelters.org Founder, Chris McMurry
- Memes Curator, Debra Zimmerman Murphey
PO Box 32695
Phoenix, AZ 85064
The following guidelines are used by DomesticShelters.org to determine which books we will make available in our Recommended Books section. If you are an author and would like us to consider your book for our site, please review the guidelines carefully before submitting. To submit a book, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a PDF copy of the book.
- It is preferred that your book is published by a traditional publisher, not self-published.
- The book must be professionally written, researched, fact-checked, edited and copyedited.
- The book must meet book publishing industry standards for formatting, structure and presentation.
- The writing must exhibit expert understanding of domestic violence or related topics.
- The author is ideally widely recognized for their expertise on the topic presented.
- The book must have an ISBN 10.
- The book must be available through amazon.com.
- You must submit a PDF version of the book so that it can be easily reviewed.
While we receive many book submissions and reserve the right to determine which books will become available on DomesticShelters.org, we’re nonetheless greatly appreciative of all the good work created by the many people working to help survivors and end domestic violence.