1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Support groups
- Build a strong parent-child relationship with the non-violent parent
- Create a space where they feel safe
- Ensure they see their abused parent or caregiver is safe
- Reduce stress
- Build coping skills
- Help them connect with activities and interests they enjoy
- Encourage friendships
- Actively listen
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep
- Check-in regularly
- Use supportive language when children express their emotions
- Model positive behavior and emotional responses
- Make clear and consistent expectations about what is, and isn’t, acceptable
- Be a positive role model, take care of yourself
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.