1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Question your reality; disbelief about activities around you
- Sense that you used to be a different person
- Aware something is wrong, but unable to figure out what it is
- Constantly second-guessing yourself
- Trouble making simple decisions on your own
- Convinced there is something wrong with you
- Feel unjustified in calling out abuse and mistreatment
- Ask yourself, “Is my abuser right?”
- Unsure about your memories
- Feel less than your partner (less intelligent, less capable, etc.)
- Friends and family treat you like they think you’re crazy
- Think you can’t do anything right
- Dependent on your abuser for your sense of reality
- No longer voice your opinion on anything
- Lost sense of self, no longer have an identity or a voice
- Your self-esteem is decreasing or at an all-time low
- Frequently feeling confused, disoriented or “losing it”
- Unable to trust your instincts
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.