1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Patient doesn't want to talk about the abuse
- Patient is under the influence of drugs/alcohol
- Patient fears repercussions
- Staff not trained to interview victims of abuse
- Staff frustrated to screen by how little they can do to help
- Language barriers
- Questions about abuse may feel too confrontational
- Patient denies abuse as a cause of injury
- Staff not trained to identify abuse as a cause of injury
- Primarily concerned about treating injury/complaint
- Patient lacks privacy
- Lack of resources to assist victims
- Belief that abuse is a private family issue
- Identifying support agencies is time consuming
- Fear the implications of mandatory reporting
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.