1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Cash and prepaid credit cards that can’t be traced.
- Small toys or books for your children.
- Personal journals, images and other evidence proving abuse.
- Car, house, and other important keys.
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and any other medical devices.
- Pet purchase, maintenance and medical records, plus leash.
- Current medications and prescriptions for yourself and your children.
- Your address book or cell phone contacts.
- Prepaid cell phone or a cell phone with a new contract and number.
- Phone calling card.
- A post office box or safe address where you can forward your mail.
- Small valuables you could sell if need be.
- Credit cards, ATM cards and PIN numbers.
- Birth certificates.
- Car title, registration, and insurance documentation.
- Apartment rental agreement, or house deed.
- Financial records and bank account numbers.
- Immunization records.
- Your children’s school records.
- Health insurance cards and medical records.
- Records of any police reports you have filed.
- Legal protection or restraining orders.
- Marriage, divorce and custody papers.
- Green card or immigration papers.
- Government benefits card.
- Work permits.
- W2s and paystubs.
- Driver’s license and/or passports.
- Social security cards for yourself and your children.
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.