1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Puts you down, embarrasses, humiliates or shames you.
- Throws tantrums.
- Demeans or disregards your opinions, ideas, suggestions or needs.
- Refuses to communicate.
- Has difficulty apologizing.
- Uses sarcasm and unpleasant tone of voice.
- Interrogates you intensely about relationships and activities.
- Intentionally puts you in scary or harmful situations.
- Exhibits extreme moodiness.
- Dominates or controls you.
- Can't tolerate others laughing at them.
- Withdraws from affection or sex.
- Puts you on guilt trips.
- Accuses you of being too sensitive.
- Controls finances and how you spend money.
- Threatens to commit suicide if you leave.
- Expresses unreasonable levels of jealousy.
- Calls you derogatory names.
- Ignores you.
- Attempts to control what you wear.
- Repeatedly points out your mistakes, flaws, shortcomings; overly critical.
- Tells you that you will never find anyone better.
- Engages in affairs or provocative behavior with others.
- Accuses you of cheating or is possessively jealous.
- Keeps you from sleeping.
- Isolates you from talking to or seeing your friends, family or coworkers.
- Belittles or trivializes your accomplishments, aspirations or plans.
- Tells you that you’re crazy.
- Threatens to hurt you, your children, your family or your pets.
- Rarely validates your opinions.
- Doesn’t allow you to make decisions.
- Constantly calling or texting when you are not with him/her.
- Treats you as inferior.
- Demands to know where you are every minute.
- Views you as an extension of them, not as an individual.
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.