1. Select a discrete app icon.
Teen Dating Abuse Warning Signs
- Feb 01, 2017
- TEEN: your partner demands you run things by them before doing them
- TEEN: your partner threatens you
- TEEN: your partner checks your phone or email, or demands to know your password to such things
- TEEN: your partner makes you feel guilty to get their way
- TEEN: your partner has been physically aggressive or violent with you
- TEEN: your partner pressures you into doing things you aren’t comfortable with
- TEEN: your partner blames you for everything that goes wrong
- TEEN: your partner calls you names and puts you down
- TEEN: your partner wants to be with you all the time and expresses frustration if you want to spend time away from them
- TEEN: your partner displays anger frequently and in a way that scares you
- TEEN: your partner incessantly calls or texts you
- TEEN: your partner needs to know where you are at all times
- PARENT: teen has lost interest in activities they once enjoyed
- PARENT: teen has become more critical of themselves
- PARENT: teen becomes increasingly secretive and unwilling to share things with you
- PARENT: teen changes their appearance in a way that seems out of character
- PARENT: teen no longer shows interest in friends
- PARENT: teen’s grades drop
- PARENT: teen experiences increased depression and anxiety
- PARENT: teen displays unexplained injuries, bruises, etc.
- PARENT: teen apologizes for partner’s behavior, or minimizes it, when you question them about it
- PARENT: teen’s partner exhibits unhealthy jealousy
- PARENT: teen is constantly in communication with their partner
- PARENT: teen becomes isolated and distant from you and their friends
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.