1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Praise yourself.
- Play with children.
- Strike balance in life's activities.
- Re-arrange or remodel your home or office.
- Join a peer support group.
- Identify and work on projects or tasks that are exciting and rewarding.
- Make quite time to complete tasks and to-do list items.
- Take time to talk to co-workers.
- Volunteer for causes you believe in.
- Meditate, pray and sing.
- Be open to not knowing.
- Embrace optimism and hope.
- Spend time in nature.
- Allow yourself to cry.
- Find things that make you laugh.
- Eat healthy and regularly.
- Spend time with others whose company you enjoy.
- Say "no" to extra responsbilities occasionally.
- Be curious and learn or try something new.
- Listen to your thoughts, opinions, beliefs and feelings.
- Reduce those things that create stress.
- Do something where you are not an expert or in charge.
- Write in a journal and read regularly.
- Make time for self-reflection.
- Do a physical activity that is fun.
- Take vacations and weekend getaways.
- Wear clothes that make you feel good.
- Get enough sleep and take time off when needed.
- Get medical care when needed.
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.