1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Lack of compromise.
- Subtle control, such as strongly encouraging you to dress a certain way.
- Guilt tripping.
- Coercive behavior, or behavior that pressures you into things.
- Having a typically confrontational attitude.
- Unreasonable statements about how much they deserve, or what they deserve.
- Feeling as though the whole world is against them, all the time.
- Denying their behavior.
- Lack of trust in you.
- Lack of respect for your feelings.
- Sarcastic comments downplayed as jokes.
- Extreme jealousy.
- The silent treatment.
- Building you up, then breaking you down and repeating this cycle.
- Statements like, “If you loved me, you would x, y, z.”
- Abusive actions in prior relationships.
- Cruelty toward others.
- Interrogations about your day and whereabouts.
- Sabotaging your friendships (isolation).
- Breaking boundaries.
- Not taking responsibility for their actions.
- Showing disrespect toward former partners.
- Constant checking in, needing to know where you are at all times.
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.