1. Select a discrete app icon.
- Convince you your memory isn’t the best
- Accuse you of having no sense of humor
- Make hurtful jokes or insensitive, harsh remarks
- Answer, “That never happened, you’re imagining it”
- Call you “ill,” “fragile,” “paranoid” or “weak”
- Constantly forget the sequence of events that occurred
- Ask, “Why would you get upset over something so dumb”
- Say, “I didn’t say anything, you must be hearing things”
- Claim you aren’t remembering things correctly
- Tell you you’re overreacting
- Dismiss your feelings and concerns as unimportant
- Pretend they don’t understand what you said
- Reply, “I don’t know what you’re talking about”
- Shut you down when you try to confront their behavior
- Avoid your concerns saying, “Let’s talk about that later”
- Ask, “Why can’t you just get over it?”
- Accuse you of being too emotional or sensitive
- Downplay negative experiences saying it “wasn’t that bad”
Looking for someone to speak with? Enter your location to find phone numbers for domestic violence experts in your area.
Have a question about domestic violence? Type your question below to find answers.