Domestic Violence Books
We've organized a library of books for you on the domestic violence and abuse topics listed below. Click on the topic that interests you to see the books, a book description and a way to purchase, if you like. If you are an author and would like us to consider adding your book please read our guidelines.
All Book Categories
Today's Featured Book
by Lisa Aronson Fontes
Showered with attention? It can feel incredibly romantic and can blind you to hints of problems ahead. What happens when attentiveness becomes domination? The desire to control can lead to jealousy, threats, micromanaging, even physical violence. If you are trapped in a web of coercive control, this book provides answers, hope, and a way out.Buy now on Amazon
The following guidelines are used by DomesticShelters.org to determine which books we will make available in our Recommended Books section. If you are an author and would like us to consider your book for our site, please review the guidelines carefully before submitting. To submit a book, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a PDF copy of the book.
- It is preferred that your book is published by a traditional publisher, not self-published.
- The book must be professionally written, researched, fact-checked, edited and copyedited.
- The book must meet book publishing industry standards for formatting, structure and presentation.
- The writing must exhibit expert understanding of domestic violence or related topics.
- The author is ideally widely recognized for their expertise on the topic presented.
- The book must have an ISBN 10.
- The book must be available through amazon.com.
- You must submit a PDF version of the book so that it can be easily reviewed.
While we receive many book submissions and reserve the right to determine which books will become available on DomesticShelters.org, we’re nonetheless greatly appreciative of all the good work created by the many people working to help survivors and end domestic violence.